Monday, August 20, 2007

Menu


Spent this whole week getting ready for school to start on Wed., been spring cleaning and organizing. My Sister will start watching my child starting tomorrow. She is going to be watching her at my house which is awesome! So in a few days I will resume exercise.

I started taking psyllium husks powder, for fiber as recommended in the You: book and the side affects are awful!

Can you say GAS...and it hurts!!!!

Menu:

B: psyllium husks powder
1/2 cup cooked Chari's porridge
squirt sf syrup
1 cup v-fusion light

S: non

L: turkey dog
ww bun
1//4 cup homemade chili
psyllium husks powder

S: no sugar added mandarin oranges 1/2 cup
activia light-vanilla

S: 1/2 oz raw almonds

D: 3/4 cup ww pasta salad

S: 1/2 cup salsa
ww homemade pita chips (1 pita)
1/2 avocado

coffee, non-fat milk for cream and splenda
fuze
h20 6 glasses


The picture in this post was taken right before I got prego, 8 years ago...60 some pounds lighter...wanna get back there!

2 comments:

Shannon's YOAD Journey said...

Oh yes! I remember the gas....ugh! When I first started YOAD, I think the first 6 weeks were awful!!! It will get better BUT there are some items I just won't do anymore because of it.
:-)
Hugs,
Shannon

P.S. My hubby is also a mixed race man. He's a Heinz 57 of African American, Cherokee, French and German. :-) He has lovely carmel skin!

Chari said...

Shannon, I think it's from the psyllium husks powder and it's so bad I think there is a allien in my belly!

I ate healthy for two years before I started YOAD, so I think it must be the PHP...I just started taking it. The health benifits are awesome, if the GAS doesn't kill me first!

Would love to see some family pictures...if you wanna keep it private we could instant message or e-mail. The only reason I added pictures of the man is...I showed him my blog, and he saw a picture of our DD and said "why didn't you put a picture of me on there"
So there ya have it!

Thanks for stopping by, I'll jump over to your place tomorrow.

I was all excited to see you , Elizabeth and Rich...with blogs, but Rich doesn't post much : (